News & Opportunities
How will the new Charities Act affect your Charity?
The Cabinet Office has published a timetable that explains when the different sections of the new Charities Act are going to take effect. Many of the act’s provisions will only affect a relatively small number of charities and individuals. However, it also makes a few significant changes - most notably on disqualification - of which all charities will need to be aware”, Nick Mott, Head of Policy Development Guidance and Review, says. The blog by the Charity Commission looks at 5 ways the new act will affect charities, and their regulation including the consultation on how the commission will use its new powers.
CFG Small Charities Finance Bulletin - June 2016
Click here to read the June bulletin.
They are working to develop knowledge and to support infrastructure organisations who deliver financial services. This bulletin is a part of CFG’s Small Charities Programme which shares useful and relevant financial information and resources for your small charity.
This month’s finance update includes:
- The importance of good financial management for small charities
- Moving towards sustainability: the top key issues for small charities
- Managing risk and preventing fraud: Turning strategy into success
- Free accountancy resource by West Yorkshire Community Accountancy Service
- Updated Charity Commission guidance on ‘Managing a charity’s finances: planning, managing difficulties and insolvency'
- Further resources and information