News & Opportunities
BRAVE STEPS with Open Sesame
Enhance your venue’s support and appeal for very young children and their families
Build the confidence of staff, volunteers and families to make best use of your creative and cultural resources with 0-2 year olds
Network with other local organisations
Presented as part of Open Sesame, this unique package of staff development and child-led exploratory learning, incorporating public performance/s, is a wonderful opportunity to unlock the richness of cultural and heritage venues for 0-2s and those who care for them.
Host venues are currently being sought for Autumn 2015 for the BRAVE STEPS Development Package. This will enable your organisation to:
Gain confidence in engaging families with very young children
- Create resources for very young children, reflecting the nature of your venue and its content
- Develop a wealth of ideas and activities, tailored to your own programme, and the needs and interests of very young children, and
- Open the opportunity up to other local venues to share practice and costs
The package is available to host venues who choose to focus entirely on their own staff and volunteers or share the professional development opportunity to partner organisations. It is made up of:
- 2 performances of the BRAVE STEPS show by Octopus Inc (for up to 20 children, plus adults at each performance) presented at the host venue, with scope for observers
- a follow up day of tailor-made training for up to 20 staff/volunteers focussed on making the most of your setting to provide an excellent welcome and quality, creative experience for babies, toddlers and their families
This package is available at a subsidised cost to museums and cultural venues in East Sussex.
To find out more about this package visit the Culture Shift website, or discuss how this might benefit your organisation’s engagement with very young children and their families, please contact Hannah Osmond