Collections Care Grants
Applications to the Collections Care grants are now closed. The next round of grants will open in May 2019. Please check back then or sign up to our newsetter for further updates.
The SEMDP Collections Care Grant is open to all accredited/formally working towards accreditation museums in the South East. We encourage applications for projects and/or development activities that contribute to one or more of the following:
- Purchase of equipment or materials to improve collections care and/or preventive conservation.
- Collections care training for staff or volunteers.
- Consultancy or specialist costs towards conservation audits/assessment of specific objects.
How much can I apply for?
TBC May 2019.
If you are seeking funding for a larger collections care or conservation project, you can submit an application to our Level Up: Improvement Grant.
When can I submit an application?
The Collections Care Grant will remain open until the grant fund is spent. There are therefore no set deadlines, and applications will be considered on a first-come/first-served basis. The final date for us to receive applications will be confirmed in May 2019.
How do I submit an application?
- Contact the Preventive Conservation Officer to discuss your application.
- Read the guidance document below to help you with your application.
- Complete a Collections Care Grant Application Form. Only fully completed forms will be considered and processed.
Guidance notes and the application form template are provided below.